12-, 16- and 20-Socket Single-Node Systems Now Generally Available, Making SGI #1 in Scale-up Capacity for SAP HANA
ORLANDO, FL and MILPITAS, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/16/16 --
SGI (NASDAQ: SGI), a global leader in high-performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management, announced that deployments of the SGI® UV™ 300H servers as a single-node (scale-up) system now provide in total over 600 Terabytes of in-memory computing capacity to organizations running the SAP HANA® platform. SGI also announced that the SGI UV 300H is now SAP-certified for SAP HANA under general availability for up to 20-sockets and 15 Terabytes of shared memory to run SAP® S/4HANA and other transactional SAP applications on SAP HANA, enabling data analysis in real time at unparalleled scale. SGI
will feature the SGI UV 300H in booth #445 at SAPPHIRE® NOW beginning on May 17 in Orlando, Florida.
These announcements reflect SGI's strong growth in high-performance data analytics and continuing innovation to help enterprises achieve greater insight and gain competitive advantage with SAP HANA.
- More than 75 single-node SGI UV 300H systems have been installed in organizations to enable data analytics in real time with SAP HANA and provide in total over 600 Terabytes of in-memory computing capacity -- reflecting capacity growth in excess of 200% over the past seven months.
- Collectively the systems have performed with 99.99% uptime, with many configured in high availability and disaster recovery configurations to provide "five 9s" (99.999%) application availability.
- Previously SAP-certified under controlled availability, SGI UV 300H 12-, 16- and 20-socket system configurations are now SAP-certified under general availability (GA). Building on GA certification at 4- and 8-sockets, SGI UV 300H is now the leader in scale-up capacity for Intel-based systems enabling real-time data analytics with SAP HANA -- giving large enterprises greater ability to know when, where and how customers are buying without delay; view inventories, supply chains or financials with up to the second accuracy; and spot market changes early and adjust with precision. SGI continues to engage with SAP to further extend UV 300H certification to 32-sockets.
- SGI UV 300H is a model of the SGI UV 300 supercomputer and purpose-built for SAP HANA.
- SGI UV 300H is SAP-certified under general availability as a single-node system with 4-to 20-sockets and one to 15 Terabytes of cache-coherent shared memory and, utilizing a modular chassis architecture, scales up in 4-socket increments. The system is designed to scale up to 32-sockets and 24 Terabytes of shared memory and is awaiting further certification by SAP.
- Featuring Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v3 family, 7th-generation SGI NUMAlink® technology, and pre-installed with SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server or Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA, SGI UV 300H can be deployed as a fully pre-configured appliance or the SAP HANA tailored datacenter integration solution.
For more information about SGI UV 300H solutions for SAP HANA, please visit: www.sgi.com/saphana.
"SGI is proud to enable the transformational business capabilities of SAP HANA and of our rapid increase in solution deployments throughout the globe," said Jorge Titinger, president and CEO, SGI. "By delivering in-memory computing at near-limitless scale, with mission-critical reliability, and through broadening channels, SGI is helping enterprises fully leverage high-performance data analytics to achieve their strategic objectives."
"The innovative SGI UV 300H provides SAP HANA customers with outstanding flexibility to meet today's transactional workload demands and be equipped for tomorrow's growth," said Patrick Buddenbaum, general manager, Enterprise IT Solutions in Intel's Data Center Group. "With the power of the Intel® Xeon® processor E7 v3 family, the SGI UV 300H system will provide enterprises with real-time, on-demand insights at tremendous scale and efficiency."
- SGI UV 300H now #1 in single-node, scale-up capacity for #SAPHANA #HPDA @sgi_corp @SAP @SAPInMemory #ASUG2016 #SAPPHIRENOW
- SGI exceeds 600TB Milestone in Total Systems Deployed for #SAPHANA #HPDA @sgi_corp @SAP @SAPInMemory #ASUG2016 #SAPPHIRENOW
- Visit @SGI_corp demo at #SAPPHIRENOW booth #445. See the leading #inmemory solution demo @SAP @SAPInMemory #HPDA #ASUG2016
SGI is a global leader in high-performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management that enable customers to accelerate time to discovery, innovation and profitability. Visit sgi.com (sgi.com/) for more information.
Connect with SGI on Twitter (@sgi_corp), YouTube (youtube.com/sgicorp),
Facebook (facebook.com/sgiglobal) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/sgi).
Intel and Xeon are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
© 2016 Silicon Graphics International Corp. All rights reserved. SGI, the SGI logo, NUMAlink and SGI UV, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Silicon Graphics International Corp. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Intel and Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SAP, SAPPHIRE, SAP HANA and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 (the "Reform Act"). Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will" and similar expressions as they relate to the certification, commercial release, shipment and other aspects of SGI UV 300H are intended to identify such forward-looking statements for purposes of the safe harbor provisions of the Reform Act. SGI undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that
could affect SGI's future financial results are discussed more fully in SGI's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SGI's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release.
Grayling Public Relations:
SGI Investor Relations Contact:
News Provided by Acquire Media